Monday, April 30, 2007

PMI Member; Soon to be PMP

Alrighty then.  After about eight years of managing projects in one capacity or another, I finally joined PMI last week.  This is in support of my goal to become PMP certified by June of this year.

Right now I am hard at work on preparing my PMP resume.  This is proving to be a pretty arduous task, as I am required to list details including the knowledge areas that I've worked in on every project for the last eight years.   Sometimes I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast, so details of projects eight years (and two employers) ago are hard to come by.  Nevertheless, I will persevere and have my application completed by mid-May.

On a parallel path, I am taking an exam preparation course to help prepare for the test itself.  My final session of that course is May 15-17, which aligns nicely with the timeline for my goal.  I'll get my application in, finish my course, take a practice exam or two and study, study, study!  Whew - I'll be glad when that's over.  Fortunately, I've got a week of vacation scheduled in beautiful Destin, FL for the third week of June!

No comments: