Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's Widget Time!

I'm sure that by now most everyone has heard that Yahoo! has purchased Konfabulator, and made it free (as in beer). Now it's time to go exploring and find out what the coolest widgets are. The default install includes a few pretty handy widgets like the CPU Portal and the Memory Guage. What are some of the others that I should check out?

The What To Do? widget has really caught my attention. I've been trying to convert to a more Getting Things Done style of managing my workflow. To that end, I've been using the GTD Wiki for managing my next actions list while I'm at the computer (which is always). The only problem with the Wiki is that I need to have the browser open to use it. In the past, this would not have been an issue because my browser was always open anyway. If the browser is always open, you can guess what I spent too much of my time at work doing, right? Anyway, I've got the What To Do? widget set as the topmost window and slightly transparent. I can see what I need to be doing at all times without having my browser (or Outlook) open. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: