Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Coding for Fun

Scoble's got a link to the Coding for Fun site today. This is a site from Microsoft that's dedicated to hobby programming (games and web sites mostly). I'm just getting my first look at this site, but it looks pretty good. It's always fun to dabble in game development and other new stuff that most of us coders don't normally do.

I'm pretty lucky in that what I do for my day job is also one of the things that I like to do for fun (in other words, my sex and cash coincide). Obviously, the Coding for Fun site deals only with the MS tools. I really enjoy using VS .Net, but I use it all day long. When I code on the side, I like to pick up tools that are new to me (like Java and more recently Ruby). Still, this looks like a site that I'll be spending some time on.

Link: Do you code for fun? Check out this community

No comments: